When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
What personal information do we collect?
When subscribing to our newsletter or filling out a form or a survey, we collect personal information which includes:
- Contact details such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational, nationality and professional background information;
- Job title, company name, country;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To send you newsletters, offers or other marketing emails to keep you up to date with our news, events and products that may be of interest;
- To maintain our database in order to keep your information accurate and up-to-date;
- If you have consciously agreed to participate in one of our industry events in the capacity of a speaker, sponsor, exhibitor or attendee, then the retrieval of your personal information is used in connection with our running of the event.
How do we protect your information?
Any personal information given to us will be treated with the utmost care and security; we protect your information in the following ways:
- We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We use an SSL certificate
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small text files stored in your Web browser that collect information that tells us how our websites and services are used.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it won't affect the user's experience.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
While we strive to offer you choice when using our website and mobile applications, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. We do not specifically market to or knowingly collect personal data from children under this age group. If any information is collected from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, it will be deleted.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Email us at email@example.com;
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Data subject rights list
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants people, in their capacities as consumers, citizens and so forth a range of specific data subject rights they can exercise under particular conditions.
These rights include:
- Right of access: the data subject have the right to know whether data concerning him or her are being processed and if so, access it with loads of additional stipulations
- Right to rectification: the data subject has the right to obtain from the controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her.
- Right to be forgotten: the data subject has the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay.
- Right to restriction of processing: the data subject has the right to obtain restriction of processing.
- The right to be informed: the data subject has the right to be informed about any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
- Right to data portability: the data subject has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided.
- Right to object: The data subject has the right to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her.
- Right to Not Be Subject to Automated Decision Makin: the data subject has the right not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.
We may at times, request your consent to conduct certain actions with your personal information. When requesting your consent, we are transparent in ensuring you know what you are consenting to.
Trace Media International
Dubai Media City
Building #7, 3rd floor, office #341
Tel: +971 4 4474890
Fax: +971 4 4474889
Dubai – UAE